Lemongrass Chicken Salad
c. fish sauce
e. Mint leaves
f. Red curry paste
g. vegetable oil
h. chicken breast
j. Romaine lettuce
k. Red pepper
1. Chop two romaine lettuce leaves.
2. Chop 1/2 of a small carrot thinly.
3. Chop 1/4 of a medium red pepper thinly.
4. Add 4 thin slices of cucumber.
5. Chop in chunks one half of a plum tomato
6. Add the ingredients to a small bowl.
7. In a separate dish add ½ tablespoon of chopped lemongrass
8. Add a tablespoon of fish sauce
9. Add ½ tablespoon sugar
10. Add 1 teaspoon of red curry paste
11. Add 1-3 chopped mint leaves
12. Add the juice of one half of a lime
13. Mix all the ingredients.
14. In a saucepan add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Put stove on low heat.
15. Add 2 ounces of chicken breast to the pan. Sprinkle salt or pepper on the chicken.
16. Cook the chicken completely.
17. Transfer the cooked chicken to the salad.
18. Pour the sauce over the salad.
Red Curry Chicken
a. Thai basil
b. Coconut milk
c. Red curry paste
d. Fish sauce
e. Kaffir lime leaf
1. Chop one kaffir lime leaf
2. Add ½ tablespoon of fish sauce
3. Add ½ tablespoon of red curry paste
4. Chop four Thai basil leaves finely
5. Combine kaffir lime, fish sauce, red curry paste and Thai basil leaves in a small bowl.
6. Add 1/2 cup of coconut milk to a saucepan. Add the fish sauce mixture to the coconut milk. Mix all the ingredients.
7. Add a tablespoon of sugar.
8. Warm the coconut milk on low heat until it boils.
9. Add one ounce of chicken breast (sliced thinly) to the coconut milk.
9. Cook the chicken in the coconut milk until the meat is white inside.
10. Serve white rice.
a. Long grain white rice (or Jasmine rice)
c. Vegetable oil
d. Coconut milk
1. Add a 1/2 cup of water to a small pot.
2. Add a 1/2 cup of coconut milk
3. Add 1/2 cup of rice
4. Add a pinch of salt
5. Add a half of a large tablespoon (from your flatware collection) of vegetable oil.
6. Cook the rice on medium heat until water boils out stirring occassionaly.
7. When the rice becomes soft and fluffy, remove heat.